- Fashion people in MN are tiny...as in very petite! From designer Peach Carr to Twin Cities professional shopper Ali Kaplan, they are all so petite. Dan and I were 2 of the 3 tallest people in the room by many, many inches. The other tall person - a lovely woman with poker straight hair and adorable glasses - wandered over to us in a moment of, "Do we know each other? No? We're all just tall? Ok." #solidarity
- Basic black is basically all most people wear to these events. Safe? Yes. Stylish? Maybe... as long as you work the shoe. Or the jewelry. Or the bright lipstick. Something to make you stand out just a little bit. (Though just a little...this is Minnesota, after all. Blending is our specialty)
- We spotted local TV guy Bryan Piatt sporting khaki pants cut just above the ankle to show off fun socks that played off his suspenders and bow tie nicely. He definitely stood out as someone who seemed like a good time.
This dress garnered A LOT of attention...most of it not good. I changed clothes before the party at work, so the dress hung in my cubicle all day where it attracted these comments:
- "Uhhh....yeah. Not my taste, but whatever."
- "Oh! Wow. Are those skulls? Huh.."
- "I love Halloween!"
Damn. Being a grown-up is awesome!