Lessons learned during formative makeup-wearing years
- A Cindy Crawford-style beauty mark is best created by nature, not a brown eyeliner pencil.
- I will never remember to re-apply lipstick throughout the day, so long-lasting formulas are a must.
- Blending six different shades of eyeshadow looks amazing on other women, but doesn't work for me and my eye shape (or my blending skills).
- Glitter and glow are not the same effects. (Go for glow, forgo the glitter)
- A soothing gel-based cleanser with chamomile and other mild ingredients, usually used in the AM to refresh/prep my skin for makeup.
- Creamy, moisturizing cleanser to remove the remnants of basic, everyday makeup at the end of the day.
- Thick cream cleanser to thoroughly break down and clean away a full face of makeup.
- A medium-weight daytime moisturizer with SPF that sinks into the skin quickly and contains ingredients that retain moisture.
- A nighttime moisturizer with Vitamin C and Retinol to boost cell turnover, lighten dark spots and smooth fine lines.
- A brightening eye cream that helps lighten dark circles while gently hydrating the entire eye area.