Gressa minimalist corrective serum foundation
The foundation is very runny, so be ready for that. Here are three tips to help you get your best skin with this foundation:
- Give the bottle a good shake before opening to combine the serum and the color.
- Place two drops of foundation on the back of your hand - you really don't need much! Dip a finger into the foundation and dot it on your face, then blend. If you need more, add another two drops to your hand and work from there.
- Use a flat-top kabuki brush to apply. I experimented with a Beauty Blender, my finger tips and a paddle foundation brush, but got the nicest blend with a flat kabuki.
Kokko color-accurate foundation matching app
- a free app that you can download from Apple's app store - it's only available on IOS right now.
- a physical color chart that you order through app and is sent to you through the mail, for a very minimal charge (see below for coupon code details!)
This is not the rendering technology you might have tried before, where you can upload a picture and "try on" makeup (or, more accurately, see what you'd look like as a clown). The Kokko team worked with hundreds of women with different skintones to match them to foundations across a variety of lines (include MAC, IT Cosmetics, L'Oreal, Maybelline and more...)They captured images of those women and created a database of skintones and corresponding foundations that will instantly provide you with your perfect foundation color across each of the makeup lines that are part of its database. Seriously, it's so fascinating.
- Snap your selfie with a bare face - no makeup.
- Capture your image in natural light, such as near a window. Avoid warm light sources, like a lamp, and colorful backgrounds.
- Hold the color chart right next to your face, near your ear.
- When the seasons change, snap a new selfie to make sure your foundation color hasn't changed. If it has, Kokko will let you know what your new shades are.