What I bought from Ulta
- Boots No. 7 Luxurious Foaming Shower Oil - I haven't used this yet, but love the spa-like scent. A foaming shower oil is a new concept to me, and I'm hoping it'll be just the ticket to soothing my already-winter-dry skin.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation - after much debate and YouTube research, I decided to try this powder foundation. It promises to not irritate my reactive skin + provide buildable coverage + feel weightless on the skin. I have it on for the first time, today, and early signs point toward this being a winner.
- CeraVe SPF 50 Sunscreen Lotion - I recently started using CeraVe products at the recommendation of a dermatologist and thought I'd add this to my arsenal. This sunscreen is very lightweight and leaves a smooth finish to my skin, which I like. And it doesn't make my skin sting, like so many other sunscreens can.
- Tarte Colored Clay CC Undereye Corrector - Seasonal allergies are leaving my undereye area a bit dark, and concealer on its own just isn't cutting it. I've used (and love) Bobbi Brown's Corrector under my concealer before, so thought I'd give this Tarte version a try. The jury's out at the moment...
- Ulta Nail Polish Remover Pads - This box contains 3 polish remover pads that work like nobody's business. One pad removes polish from all 10 fingers. I stash them in my desk at work and in my purse.
- Skintimate Skin Therapy Shaving Gel - nothing too exciting here. I was out of shaving gel and needed some more.
What was gifted to me
- SkinMedica Dermal Repair Cream - A friend who uses SkinMedica products gave me this cream. After seeing the price, I told Dan that I hoped I didn't like it...but I do! (Insert forehead slap here). It makes my skin feel super hydrated and supple. There's an old-lady rose fragrance to it that takes some getting used to, but I don't mind.
- Pavay Organics Cooling Hydra-Gel Facial Mask - This aloe-based gel mask didn't do much for me, aside from dry my already parched skin out. I think it might be great in the summertime, as a post-sun treatment.
- Pavay Organics LIft Retinol Eye Cream - I really like this. Aside from a really refreshing, light lemon scent the cream makes my undereye feel soft and smooth. Concealer applies over the cream really nicely, but I gotta say that the packaging and product don't quite live up to the price point.
- Pavay Organics The Bar facial cleansing bar for normal/dry skin - I haven't tried this because I was saving it for you guys! See below for how to win this facial cleansing bar.
- SkinMedica Lytera Skin Brightening Complex - another product gifted to me by a friend, I am amazed by this lotion. She warned me that it looked like mustard (and it does) but this skin lightening lotion actually works. It's worked wonders on the sun spots that made themselves at home on either side of my cheekbones. I will absolutely shell out my own cash when I need to replace this bottle.
- Beautycounter Hydrate Everyday Body Lotion - Beautycounter is a new brand making its mark on the natural/organic skincare community. The company has an impressive mission, and creates really luxurious products with non-toxic ingredients. This body lotion goes on smoothly, smells like fresh minty oranges and makes my skin look plumped and healthy. I'm attending a Beautycounter-sponsored event next week, so I'll let you know more as I learn more.